Cranberry Ice ...a nice thanksgiving recipe to try ! Great !
* 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
* 2 tablespoons cold water
* 1 pound fresh cranberries
* 2 cups water
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 cups ginger ale
* 2 (2 liter) bottles ginger ale, chilled
1. Sprinkle the gelatin over 2 tablespoons cold water and set aside.
2. Combine the cranberries and 2 cups water in a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring to a boil and cook until cranberries burst. Remove from heat and stir in sugar until dissolved; mix the softened gelatin into the hot cranberry mixture. Pour the cranberries into a shallow freezer-proof container and chill until cold.
3. When cooled, mix in 2 cups ginger ale and place the mixture into the freezer. Freeze until slushy, about 4 hours. Stir twice during the freezing process to break up the ice crystals.
4. To serve, fill clear glasses 3/4 full with chilled ginger ale, and spoon some of the cranberry ice overtop. The thanksgiving recipe of cranberry is ready to serve immediately.