Thanksgiving Turkey with Sausage Stuffing Recipe
* 2 pounds Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
* 6 cups chopped cabbage
* 3 medium carrots, shredded
* 2 celery ribs, chopped
* 1/3 cup chopped onion
* 3 cups stuffing mix
* 3 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
* 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 6 tablespoons egg substitute
* 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
* 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 turkey (12 pounds)
* In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the sausage, cabbage, carrots, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the stuffing mix, stuffing cubes, broth, egg substitute, cream, poultry seasoning, pepper and salt.
* Just before baking, loosely stuff turkey with 4 cups of stuffing. Place remaining stuffing in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; refrigerate until ready to bake. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together. Place breast side up on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thigh reads 180° for the turkey and 165° for the stuffing, basting occasionally with pan drippings. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.
* Cover and bake additional stuffing for 25-30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cover turkey and let stand for 20 minutes before removing stuffing and carving turkey. Enjoy !